A seasoned design professional with over 17 years experience in both freelance and large design firm environments. I have designed, developed, and delivered a broad range of interior projects, leading teams from concept through completion, managing deliverables, budgets, and client expectations throughout the project life cycle. An excellent collaborator and proactive problem solver, I know how to partner with clients and interpret their requirements to create holistic and integrated interior solutions.
Global project experience spanning 12 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, and the Americas
Designed and managed the delivery of six major entertainment nightclub venues from concept to hand over. Projects budgets ranged from $2-5m USD with a project duration of 9-12 months.
Personally responsible for budget management and project estimation.
On-site experience with various construction methods, material applications and appropriateness.
Extensive experience in space planning, feasibility analysis, lighting design, custom furniture design, international materials sourcing.
Extensive knowledge of both US domestic and international building regulations and safety codes.
Projects nationally recognized and featured in various publications, including: Bathroom Trends - Spring 2010 (Cover Story), Trends Home and Architectural -2010, Atlanta Magazine, Piedmont Review, Atlanta Style and Design.
Accor Hotel Group | Singapore Ritz Carlton | Doha, Qatar St Regis Hotels & Resorts | Zhuhai, China Swissôtel | Singapore Mandarin Oriental | Singapore Stars Entertainment Group | Australia Sofitel | Singapore LODHA Group | Mumbai, India Nespresso | Singapore HP | Singapore Samsung | Singapore AG Entertainment | Atlanta, Georgia USA Gidewon Group | Atlanta, Georgia USA
Senior Designer | Wilson Associates
December 2016 to Present
As Senior designer at Wilson Associates I am responsible for conceptualizing design direction and interpreting the owner’s requirements in a manner that both reflects the client’s vision, and responds to the specific nuances of the target demographic, project location, history, culture, budget and schedule. I am involved in each stage of design, working closely with the client and project team to ensure consistency and conformity with the established design concept.
- Personally responsible for managing all phases of the design including - Concept narrative, zoning, concept presentations, construction documentation, details and construction administration
- Daily coordination cross-discipline with owners, operators, architects, engineers, general contractors, and consultants
- Coordinating with the project team to develop and manage project timelines and deliverables
Principal | Studio Dialect
April 2011 to 2016
In 2011, I founded Studio Dialect design consultancy and was commissioned by an Atlanta-based entertainment group to develop a series of luxury bottle service lounges and nightclubs. For 5 years I designed and completed 6 projects before relocating with my family to Singapore.
- Designed and completed six luxury high-capacity nightclub / lounge concepts
- Personally responsible for all phases of the design including - contracts, budgeting, scheduling, specifications, and construction administration
- Coordinated cross-discipline on-site with architects, engineers, vendors, lighting/sound technicians, and general contractors
- Developed and managed all project budgets, timelines and team resources
- Solicited bids for fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required
Senior Designer | Habachy Designs Inc.
December 2006 to March 2011
Managed all aspects of the design process from concept through construction for residential, restaurant, retail, spa, and nightclub projects based in the United States and abroad.
- Developed design concepts in 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
- Responsible for overall project administration and organization
- Coordinated with design leader to initiate concepts, manage budgets and schedules
- Set the overall strategy for producing the design documents for each stage of the work
Associate Designer | Norris Design Studio
January 2006 to December 2006
I was brought in to fill-out the experience level of the firm, specifically in terms of document completeness and design direction. Projects included restaurant and food service establishments in airports and malls throughout the United States.
Associate Designer | Raymond Design Atlanta
March 2001 to January 2006
Hired as an intern, and elevated to Design Associate, I worked with an experienced team of designers and architects on the design of customer-oriented environments for major national retailers.
Bachelor of Fine Arts | Interior Design
American Intercontinental University
Magna Cum Laude